Core and Mold
Knowledge counts! Core and Mold Simulation
Improvements are only possible when you systematically implement knowledge of the metal casting process. Simulation software from MAGMA is based not only on physics and mathematics, but also integrates a comprehensive database of knowledge. No information regarding a simulation project is ever lost – all results are quickly and easily accessible to by your employees for years to come.
The quality of the cores and molds plays a significant role in the resulting casting quality. With increasing casting complexity, the production of cores and molds becomes a determining factor for casting manufacturing. Therefore MAGMA also offers software for core and mold production. MAGMA C+M is also available as a stand-alone application, independent of MAGMA5.
MAGMA C+M is available as a stand-alone core simulation software or as a functionally equivalent add-on module for MAGMA5.
As a powerful simulation tool, MAGMA C+M turns core production into a calculable and optimizable activity. Core shooting, core curing and the thermal control of core boxes can be analyzed to find the best solution.Core shooting simulation including shot cylinder for a multi-cavity core box
MAGMA C+M supports core and mold manufacturers by offering:
- Process transparency and feasibility evaluation
- Rapid construction of core shooting tools
- Reproducible density and sound sand cores
- Robust process parameters for production
- Reduction of material usage
- Reduction of development time to series production
- Economical and ecological production of cores
MAGMA C+M offers
- Robust prediction of the shooting behavior of complex cores for organic and inorganic binder systems
- Flexible optimization of nozzles and venting conditions
- Consideration of the shoot head
- Integrated simulation of shooting and curing behavior
- Gassing and purging and curing for coldbox cores
- Layout and temperature control for hot core boxes
- Prediction of the curing reaction for hotbox cores with organic and inorganic binder systems
Cured peripheral shell of a real core (a) and peripheral shell cross-sections at different positions of a simulated core (b). When the binder water content drops below a predefined value, the core is cured. The peripheral core shell can be examined at arbitrary positions.
Core and mold sand simulation
With increasing demands on casting quality and a tendency to thinner-walled structures for high performance components, the production ...
Giving vent to trapped core gases
A gray iron cylinder head for a large natural gas engine block application showed persistent gas defects right under the top surface of ...