Copper Continuous and Semi-Continuous Casting Process with MAGMA CC
The Continuous and Semi-Continuous casting process is pivotal in the production of semi-finished copper products. During this process, liquid metal is introduced into an intensively cooled mold. Concurrently, metal is withdrawn from the mold, requiring the establishment of a stable solidified shell at the mold's exit. MAGMA CC, a fully integrated turn-key solution, is instrumental in simulating and optimizing both vertical and horizontal casting processes.
- Robust solutions for copper production in Continuous and Semi-Continuous casting processes.
- Design process conditions for optimized flow and solidification, enhancing product quality.
- Integrated simulation of casting stresses, including cracks and hot tears, for comprehensive process evaluation.
- An integrated process chain for casting with subsequent forging and rolling processes.
Process Simulation Capabilities Include:
- Realistic representation of the entire casting process, assessing flow conditions during start-up and strand withdrawal.
- Consideration of forced and natural convection in the liquid metal and mushy zone.
- Determination of the stationary temperature distribution in the strand and mold, allowing the evaluation of influencing parameters.
- Accurate prediction of the sump profile and assessment of optimal process parameters for improved energy efficiency.
- Calculation of the solidification front to prevent bleedout and evaluation of thermal gradient and cooling rate.
- Assists in achieving high productivity, cost, and energy efficiency, reduced porosity, shrinkage, and optimization of launder and nozzle design.
- Virtual design and optimization of the casting process.
- Stop and Go casting capability for enhanced process control